maandag 22 maart 2004

Chatting sessions

I was nervous. Finally after all these months I'd meet the guy I've been chatting with all the time, Michael. We would meet in "Starshine", the town's cinema. I checked myself in a shop's window. I looked pretty good. With taking a deep breath I entered the cinema. While I was searching for a young boy with a white rose, something caught my attention. Close to the stairs there was a little group of people, standing in a circle. I went over there, curious as I was. On the ground, in the middle of the circle, there was a boy. He didn't look like he was alive. Next to him laid a white rose.

Quickly I stepped back. This must be Michael! I almost tripped. Then someone grabbed me by the arm. "You'd better get out of here", said a voice calmly. I turned my head to see who had talked to me. I saw a boy, about 19 years old. We went outside, the boy was still holding my arm. "You almost passed away back there, did you know that boy?" he asked. "Well... Yes... no, I didn't really." "What do you mean?" He laughed, but he wasn't laughing at me, it was a warm, relaxing laugh, as if he wanted to tell me everything would be all right now. "Eh, I had an appointment with him", I told the boy, "but I had never seen him before." "How do you know than that it's indeed the boy you had the appointment with?" he asked while he leaded me to a seat in the park. All of the sudden I felt I needed to know what his name was. "I'm sorry, but what's your name again?" I asked. Again he laughed. "My name is Mike. Did that white rose had something to do with your appointment Ivy?" Thankful for him to understand I smiled at him, and told him that the rose was something to recognise Michael by. I never noticed he had mentioned my name before I did.

Inspector Phenix stood next to the body, and picked up the rose. "Oh my god," he said. He turned to his partner. "There's another one. We must have missed him. We must handle quick." His partner, officer Sathy nodded and went back to the house from where they've been watching the cinema. This time he couldn't escape, they've been following him for months. As Sathy alarmed the station she watched the tracer. He was in the park, following his plan exactly. After he had calmed the girl down he would take her to his home and kill her, probably raping her first. The station gave Sathy a number, she wrote it down.

Mike laid his arm upon my shoulder and asked if everything was all right now. I felt so save with him, so... loved. I nodded and smiled. Suddenly I heard my phone ring. Mike seemed to be alarmed and when I wanted to pick up the phone he yelled at me not to. Frightened I put down the phone and asked him what was wrong. "Don't pick up," he whispered. "It can be the guy who killed Michael". That thought hadn't crossed my mind yet. Suddenly I felt cold and scared. But there was Mike. He gave me a big hug and said everything would be all right now. "You can come with me," he said. "At my place you'd be safe."

Sathy was disappointed, probably Mike had told the girl not to pick up the phone, cause she hadn't answered. Then she saw the blue spot on the tracer, which meant Inspector Phenix, was almost at the target.

Mike turned his head. Suddenly he realised he must've been followed, across the street there was a cop. He freaked out and tried to take the girl with him. Everything had gone so well! He was good! He had been chatting with her for months, he had made sure they had a date, killed a guy, laid the rose next to him, he had took the girl... He had to kill her now! He took his knife and held it to her chin. Then, before he could do anything else, he heard a gunshot, and Ivy screamed. He wanted to run away but he couldn't move anymore. He looked down at his chest, and realised he was never to move again. Slowly he slipped of the seat and fell on the grass, the last thing he would ever feel.

Written by: Dindin

8 opmerkingen:

  1. En dat van de hand van mijn dochter. Wauw, ze is goed.
    Heeft ze vast van haar grootouders..........

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ferfelend Friendje23 maart 2004 om 21:13

    Hoi! Ik heb zitten thrllen hoor! Suit me aan bij je vader... en je snapt natuurlijk dat je de komende 3 jaar niet meer alleen naar de film mag! ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. fukkeduk wat goed gedaan, dindin! aunty sara: *proud*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hee engerd, je leest zeker nogal wat...weet je dat Louisa Alcott ook begon met detectives? Buiten die (kranten)verhaaltjes is ze erg beroemd geworden!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. jeetje wat goed...! en jeetje wat moest ik mijn engels weer naar boven halen, maar gelukkig is het me gelukt.... :P

    xje

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Tjeetje Din, dit is nog nooit bij me opgekomen, but...scaring!!!
    In zo'n relatief kort stuk zo pakkend schrijven, en in het engels. Also scariing!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen